Insert body text here ...
History of the
WEST VANCOUVER FIRE SERVICE
In August 2008, the City of Victoria held a special celebration to mark BC’s 150th birthday.
The city invited us to participate in the Fire Bells and Fanfare Parade. We took Old 98, No. 32, the Willys and 2 cars, also we had drivers, mechanics and helpers. The society had twelve of us in all. We were fortunate to get financial help from the City of Victoria (through the Victoria Fire Dept. Historic Society) and the Province (BC Gaming).
On Saturday August 2nd we attended the dedication of a Memorial to Victoria’s Fire Fighters at City Hall. Then we paraded with 70 pieces of historical fire fighting equipment, down Government Street to the Legislature Lawn and our trucks were on view for the rest of the day.
The parade was amazing; there were trucks from BC, Alberta and Washington. There was a 1947 Willys, identical to ours, from Milk River, Alberta. We saw hand drawn equipment, fire pumps on custom built sleds and some truly wonderful horse drawn apparatus.
On Sunday there was demonstrations of pumping on the Inner Harbour promenade.